Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Homemade Honey Nut Cheerios

So a few weeks back I had gotten plain Cheerios on a great deal, I got 4 boxes for only $2! Unfortunately my cereal eating husband didn't enjoy the plain Cheerios.  So using the basic recipe from my granola recipe, I came up with this! I have to say it pretty good without being overly sweet.  I sort of threw things together, so I will give as close to exact measurements.



4 tbsp butter
1/3 cup honey
Dash of salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 of a box of Cheerios
1/4 cup of slivered almonds

Preheat the oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit.  Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.   Melt the butter, honey, salt, and cinnamon in a saucepan.  Once the butter has melted, add the vanilla.  Drizzle the mixture on the Cheerios and almonds, and mix well until all of the Cheerios get covered.  Spread evenly on the baking sheet.  Bake for 30 minutes.  Let cool completely, and break up to store in an airtight container.  I think if you used less Cheerios you could probably make cereal bars because they do stick together somewhat.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment